top of page

Demand for Pole Dancing

I was terrified to post a pole dancing video.... but.... I wanted to choose courage over comfort and I'm glad that I did. My inbox blew up! I assumed that it would blow up with creepers and assholes, but really that was only maybe 10%. The other 90% was from supporters and women looking for pole dancing.

I have been pole dancing (just for funzies) at home for years! I don't know any cool tricks and I don't know what the names of the moves are, but I just like to dance! I actually use my pole as a yoga prop to stretch my shoulders and hips. I have been saying for years that I want to teach pole yoga!

Honestly, it would be great for older adults - my cougars and silver foxes with senior discounts - because the pole is just another prop. I often have my yoga students hold on to a wall or chair, but the pole is better! It is stable and you can hold it at any height. It can be used as support for balances pose or for something to hold on to if we are trying to sink into a deep squat to open up the hips. Add a little slow music and a body roll or 2 and people will be wanting to stuff dollar bills into those granny panties. (Sorry - not sorry.)

We have normalized violence in our culture and sports, but we still demonize sexuality and sensuality.? This is supposed to be the "year of the woman" and we talk and hear about the divine feminine, but blush if someone mentions a g-string and killer stiletos. I have been working with people for years around health, personal development, and their relationship with their bodies. What better way to practice radical self-love than to move and admire your own body.

Give yourself permission to feel sexy! Touch your body! Show it off! Wiggle your hips, crank up your favorite music, and let your freak flag fly! If people judge you then they are only showing their own fear and narrow-mindedness and are probably jealous that they don't feel as awesome and free as you do.

We are animals - like it or not. We have instincts. We seek food and shelter and love in order to survive and procreate. I was teaching pole dancing to a couple of Morman girls (yep) and we discussed "go fourth and multiply." They were talking about how our culture has shamed sexuality, but not our nature nor the text.

I sure as hell am not here to get into a religious argument - I am here because of you! I am here because you reached out to me wanting an opportunity. Pole dancing can be whatever you need it to be. You can do it for the athleticism and acrobatics, for self-expression, for art, for fitness, confidence, sexuality, or just because you are curious.

I am doing what I can to open a pole fitness studio. I am terrified, but I choose courage over comfort. If you're not a little scared, then you are not going big enough. I don't want to lay on my death bed thinking "what if?." I want to know that I am living my best life on my terms. I want to be able to provide a safe space for people to be themselves and let their inner-freak out! I want the misfits and the weirdos and LGBTQ community and the tattooed alternative moms and the professionals who are tired of being so perfect all the time.

I want people to be able to come to my studio and feel welcomed and empowered regardless of their religion, race, ethnicity, gender, lifestyle, occupation, sexual orientation, or disability. I want to give an opportunity for my recovering addicts to party and stay sober. I want to host charity events and give back to the community. I don't want to hide and I don't want you all to hide either.

You are unique! You are the only you that there is and I want to know you and I want to create this space for you. You all give me purpose! I am truly grateful for each and everyone of you reading this and win, lose, or draw - I came to play. I will keep you updated on the progress of "High Vibe Pole and Fitness Studio" located in the beautiful underserved community of Owensboro, KY.

Peace, Love, and Namaste

Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page